page contents

Pets and Chocolate Don't Mix

It's Valentine's Day which makes it a perfect day to let our dogs and cats know we cherish them! But just a quick reminder, don't do it with chocolate!

Chocolate is not your dog or cat's friend. In fact it's highly toxic and can be disastrous to your pet's health depending on the type of chocolate and amount ingested. 

Symptoms range from vomiting and diarrhea to tremors, racing heart, seizures, and even death. If your pet eats chocolate consider it a medical emergency and call your veterinarian as soon as possible. He/she may immediately induce vomiting, but sometimes hospitalization, IV fluids and additional support are also needed.

For more info on chocolate toxicity, check out this short and eye-opening video on the American Chemical Society's YouTube channel.

Questions? Give us a call at 281.351.7184 or check us out at

We love 'em like you do!